National Astronomy & Science Olympiad is one of the very developing ideas among youthful age Olympiad. It is one of the exceptional, unique and innovative platforms which also give students the opportunity to prove themselves by taking the Olympiad and by providing them the gateway to Astronomy and Space science explorations and also provides a chance to visit NASA Kennedy space centre(Houston). It is scientifically designed; the age is awesomely balanced and practically matured exam which is sectioned into two different rounds.
National Astronomy & Science Olympiad is a platform that gives room for young students to soar high into the knowledge of science and astronomy explorations, especially for the students of class 2 to class 10 and to motivate gifted young students with awesome prizes who excel in this Olympiad exam in different categories which includes workshops, quizzes and many other informative & innovative sessions organized by recognized and respected individuals and educationalists in the field of Space science, NASO is all about inspiring and motivating the young students to realize that the sky is their starting point and to put in their interests in space science into the right path where they will eventually enjoy their future as an Astronomer. National Astronomy & Science Olympiad is a joint venture of "NAVARS EDUTECH" and "NASO Educational Society.
This exams and screening are divided into two rounds which will be discussed explicitly below.
Mode of Competition:
Level-I: School Round
This is the beginning level and preparatory round. This round is to test their general idea and foundation knowledge in science. It comprises of the following:
- Class level syllabus
- 50 mcq's with 60 minutes time limit
- Syllabus related to Science and Astronomy
- No negative marking
- Top three winners of level-1 from each school will be rewarded with Gold medals and Certificates of Appreciation.
- Participation certificates will be provided to all level-1 participants.
- Level-1 is conducted in the school premises only and the date is decided as per the school schedule.
- 10 % students will be allowed to proceed to next level.
Level-II: National Round
This is the last and final level where the best winners will be selected for National awards and prizes. Here students will be tested on research and exploration method, and students will be competing between different schools of The Nation.
- Level-2 will be conducted in February 2nd week & Admit cards will be sent to schools by Jan end.
- Previous year e-papers & Astronomy syllabus material will be provided for students enrolled for Level-2.
- Class level syllabus
- 50 researched based questions with 60 minutes time limit.
- Level-2 will be conducted online or in designated neutral centre of particular state or zone.
- Certificates of merit will be awarded to all the participating students of Level-2.
Awards & Rewards
- 1st prize: Top 6 winners will be sponsored for 7 days trip to " NASA Kennedy Space Centre-Houston"
- 2nd prize : Top 6 runners up's will be sponsored for 7 days tour to " Singapore Science city –Singapore"
- 3rd prize : Next Top 18 winners will be sponsored for " ISRO visit trip-India"
- 4th prize : Telescopes.
- 5th prize : Planetarium show tickets.
- 6th prize : Cash back voucher to meritorious students.
Registration & Fee Structure
Level-I: INR. 150/ for Indian schools- (INR 25 should be retained by school per participant as its expenses towards Honorarium of invigilator)
10 USD of abroad schools (2 USD should be retained by school only per participant as its expenses towards Honorarium of invigilator)
Level- II Free
Payment for the National Astronomy & Science Olympiad must be made through account payee cheque, demand draft or online bank transfer in favour of "NAVARS EDUTECH" payable at Hyderabad". School's paying contributions by cash are requested to make the payment only to authorized person of the organization with the payment receipt.
Depositing in cash in any computerized branch of Canara bank with account name "NASO EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY " with A/C No 5666201000164 & send original counterfoil of pay-in-slip along with the registration form, or transferring the amount in our below mentioned bank accounts.
A/C Name: NASO EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY
A/C No: 5666201000164
IFSC CODE: CNRB0005666
BRANCH: ECIL, Hyderabad.